Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Day Off

I had the first of what I hope will be many meetings with the director of the Veterinary Technology program at Pierce College today. All in all, it was a productive trip. I picked up financial aid information and took a good look at the campus. And I found out that I only need to take two prerequisite courses instead of three like I was anticipating (a C+ in my Chemistry lab really counts?). I just need to find out if the Finite Math course I took qualifies as an Algebra class. Keep your fingers crossed!

This was my first real step toward getting back into the academic world. Even after completing four years in college and earning a bachelor's degree, the idea of going back for two more years seems completely daunting. I'm utterly terrified and, at the same time, exhilarated that I'm actually making it happen. My plan is to apply for next fall, so with any luck I'll have plenty of time to get all of my ducks in a row without having to put myself through a great deal of stress and anxiety.

In other news, last night Gerad and I had a night on the town in Seattle. After splurging on leftover Christmas gift sets at Lush (my new retail Achilles' heel) and a delicious Mexican dinner we headed up to Capital Hill and caught a show at Neumos. Colonies, my favorite local band (www.myspace.com/colonies ), was playing and one of the bands that played before them turned out to be pretty rocking and thus worth a plug. They're called A Leaf (www.myspace.com/aleafmusic ) and they sound a bit Oasis-ish but with a singer that sounds like a mix of Thom Yorke and the dude from Death Cab for Cutie. They'll be at the High Dive in Fremont on January 24th, so plan on going out to support your local music scene that night. I'll see you there.

And so ends the inaugural post of The Brains, which seems very appropriate with it being January and all. I'm looking forward to a year full of adventures, great movies, music and delicious food... all worth sharing.

!!!

PARTING WISDOM...

  • FearNet On Demand Really Fails At Life.
  • Mt. Rainer Could Explode Any Day And I Think That's Really Cool.
  • I Want To Make Love To Nick Cave.

No comments:

Post a Comment